Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

My Pt Cruiser and its constant companion P0882

More
2 years 8 months ago #51107 by dinaquinn
I have a 2006 Chrysler Pt Cruiser GT auto trans. I have been trying to resolve this issue for about a year now. To be honest I don't even recall how it started, I just know that after doing a series of diagnostics, I ended up sending the TIPM in to be repaired. I got it back and my car was all systems go for 1600 miles and then the code came back. I sent the TIPM back but the shop could find nothing wrong. More diagnostics and off went the PCM for an overhaul. The car was good to go but for only 160 miles this time .I sent the PCM back as well  and I have no idea what was done the first time much less the second time. I asked but never got a response. In any case, the car went 60 miles before the MIL returned. Also there was the occasional P1603 and U0101 as well, but I haven't seen those codes in a while now, however, sometimes my scan tool either says it can't communicate with system or communication can drop suddenly. I replaced the battery and its cables. I also replaced the the speed sensors. I am about ohmed out. I can get to the TIPM in about 2 minutes. I took it to a mechanic who basically charged me to repeat to me what I had told him and to suggest taking it to the dealer. Another thing I find curious is that at random times,  the LED screen on the scan tool seems glitchy, but it is only with my car. Sometimes the screen doesn't light up or the words on the screen will flicker.  I am not sure if it has anything to do with what is going on. Voltage  and ohm readings check out and I have checked and cleaned connectors and grounds. Are there any thoughts? Thanks so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #51108 by juergen.scholl
If you're positive that neither the pcm nor the tipm are at fault and the wiring/connectors also are not causing the issue than you might have a problem with a solenoid. The solenoids basically are powered by the same wire that runs from the tipm to the pcm. A shorted solenoid will pull the voltage low and a cause the P0882. 

Is the problem intermittent?

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
2 years 8 months ago #51111 by samuel.barajas
Have you made voltage drop test to the grounds both from the PCM and the TCM ? it could be a ground issue.

More
2 years 8 months ago #51157 by Andy.MacFadyen
Check all the ground wires with as test light and visually examine the ground points and harness

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds