Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 dodge avenger 2.4 fans do not come on

More
2 years 8 months ago #51066 by chief eaglebear
hi folks i have a vehicle with a overheat problem but it would only overheat when sitting idle after a full warm up or after restart after sitting for ten minutes or so i have no leaks i wanted to ask anyone if they can provide schematic for that fan circuit and description of operation if possible i just want to make sure module or what ever is getting proper signal from coolant input or whatever been a scanner danner student for awhile so i should have no excuse in my ability to diagnose it i just dont want to change fan assembly out unless i check it oput properly as i DO NOT WANT TO BE A PARTS CHANGER !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #51077 by jreardon
The diagrams show a 4-wire fan module, but I think the module it's referring to is the fan assembly altogether, with 2 fans, 2 wires each, so 4 wires total. Basically a power and ground for each fan. When low speed is called for, one pin gets a power and the other pin gets a ground through the other fan. When high speed is requested each pin gets a power and a ground directly. So, you can just supply a power and ground to each fan and make sure they spin.

File Attachment:

File Name: fan_2021-09-02.pdf
File Size:1,528 KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: chief eaglebear

More
2 years 8 months ago #51084 by jreardon
RAD FAN RELAY CONTROL = ON
LOW/HIGH RAD FAN RELAY CONTROL = OFF

ONLY C2 FAN RUNS ON HIGH

RAD FAN RELAY CONTROL = OFF
LOW/HIGH RAD FAN RELAY CONTROL = ON

BOTH C1 and C2 FANS RUN ON LOW

RAD FAN RELAY CONTROL = ON
LOW/HIGH RAD FAN RELAY CONTROL = ON

BOTH C1 and C2 FANS RUN ON HIGH

16 minutes in
The following user(s) said Thank You: chief eaglebear

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds