Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Vw polo 9n 1.4 2003

More
2 years 8 months ago #50871 by roy.lupke
Hi, iam Roy,  I need advice please can someone tell me, i got a vw polo 9n, i recon the cylinder head and installed it about 3 weeks ago, the cam angle sensor connector plug was broken and the wires was sort off mixed around, so i got a diagram on Google to make sure i got it in the rite order, before i connect the battery, then i started it and let it idle for some time to get all the oil and coolant to operating temperature, then i tried to rev it up to check respons on the engine, but no throttle response, i did see the etc light is on, but i didn't have a daignostic tool at the time, so a friend borrowed me his, and ran a diagnostic, it gives me a lot of faults, like ecu, throttle and pedal range performance, map, angle and coolant temperature sensor, high input, i cleared it with engine off ignition on and it comes back right away, so i test the conection for voltage on all sensors connecters, and i find the map, coolant and cam sensors with all pins reading 5volt reference, i notice the map, coolant and cam connectors share the same low reference circuit, i then remove the ecu and all sensors and did 0 resistance test on all pins from ecu connector to sensors and in between sensors circuit and i only find map, coolant and cam sensor low reference in continuity and cam and map signal circuit to one another, and with battery disconnect and no ecu, i find 0 resistance between positive and negative battery terminals, what should i do or test for next, it was running and performing as normal before i did the head, and i find no fuses or broken wires or connectors, please help iam so desperate i am walking to work and back over 9 km every day and iam always late, and no lift

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #50873 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Vw polo 9n 1.4 2003
Your description suggests to me you have one sensor or its' wiring shorted pulling down the reference voltage.
Start by completely disconnecting your wiring repair and see if you can read the other sensors,

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds