Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

EMC/IGN

More
2 years 8 months ago #50862 by montesick2021
EMC/IGN was created by montesick2021
Thanks for the reply guafa. I had the ICM checked and it checked out good. I the decided to do a test light probe on all of the fuses in the electrical fuse box #1 under the hood. When I probe the ecm/ign fuse it showed that it was fine with the test light with the ignition  on. It says on the wiring  diagram that it is supposed to be hot in the run or start position. I decided to check the the fuse ports itself on all of the fuses that show hot in the run or start position one at a time. On all of those fuse ports with the ignition on, one lead would read hot the other lead would not. When I got to the icm/ign port both leads are hot. One lead lights the test light normally but on the other lead the test light is only half as bright.Is this a sign of a bleed over? In the wiring diagram it shows one pink wire going to the ecm but there are two pink wires going to that fuse port. The small pink wire does go to the ecm from  one lead in the port. There is a bigger pink wire coming out of the other lead. It looks like that is the the wire that has the bleed over. Can anyone tell me what that wire goes to? Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds