Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

AC air not cold after work done

More
2 years 8 months ago #50716 by JROB27
I have a 2011 Honda Civic LX 1.8l. I just had a new compressor, evaporator, expansion valve, and dryer put in. The air coming out still isn't ice cold, only cool about 65 degrees. I blew out the lines before putting in those components. It's about 95 degrees Fahrenheit here and the high side was at around 180 and low-side about 38. Compressor kicks on, no leaks. It takes about 2.7 ounces of oil and the new compressor had 2.5 ounces so i only put in about a quarter of an ounce. The refrigerant capacity also is .98 lbs of R134f. It has .94 lbs. Is there something I'm missing here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 8 months ago #50719 by Noah
Is the fan coming on? Those pressures seem a tad on the low end especially for 95°f, but I do AC more by the seat of my pants.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 years 8 months ago #50725 by JROB27
Yup Blower fan blowing no problem there. We were in the shade too on that day so it might have been like 90 degrees haha

• Noah
More
2 years 8 months ago #50727 by Noah
I meant the condenser fan. Sorry, should have been more clear.

More
2 years 8 months ago #50744 by JROB27
Oh yes that fan is blowing as well at idle and driving
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
2 years 8 months ago #50746 by Doodah14
I would start looking at the blend door and motor. Some vehicles have a recalibration process. its not the fan. if the fan was not working properly the pressures would be high, yours are ok. maybe even a little low.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
2 years 8 months ago #50757 by JROB27
If I get heat coming out when i turn the temperature knob, would that still be a blend door problem?

• Noah
More
2 years 8 months ago #50767 by Noah

I would start looking at the blend door and motor. Some vehicles have a recalibration process. its not the fan. if the fan was not working properly the pressures would be high, yours are ok. maybe even a little low.

You're 100% correct. A non functioning fan would result in higher pressure. 

The pressure seems a bit low to me as well. I would be tempted to give it another shot of 134a...
I assume that after the repairs you pulled a good vacuum on the system before charging it up?

More
2 years 8 months ago #50802 by JROB27
Yes i have a Robinair machine. That automatically pulls a vacuum on the system. 

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds