Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2005 GMC Canyon 2.8l 4 cylinder. p0300 p0506

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #50620 by J1983
Hey,

I have a 2005 GMC Canyon 2.8l 4 cylinder with 116,000 miles. I have a check engine light on with codes p0300 and p0506, which are random misfire and low rpm codes I believe.  Has a rough idle.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions in which direction to go. I am thinking a dirty throttle body possibly, which I will be cleaning when I go back out for a can of cleaner. I looked at stft and it was staying around +3 to -2. I was hoping for a high number so at least I would know to look for a possible vacuum leak or something. The idle jumps up and down around the 500-550 to 600 range. I unplugged the maf sensor to see if it would maybe default to something and get better to possibly tell me if it was dirty or bad?!, but it didn’t help anything. It was showing around 3.5 g/s at idle but not sure what it should be. The truck seems to run fine when it gets going though as far as I can tell. Any suggestions or anything to look for in the live data that could help narrow something down are definitely appreciated.

Thanks
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by J1983.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #50625 by ontheriver
Clean the maf, and are spark plugs original?time for plugs

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #50626 by J1983
Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah I was thinking it probably needs a cleaning when I clean the throttle body. I was expecting it to make somewhat of a difference when I unplugged it if it was bad or dirty but it didn't much if any. Maybe it just isn't dirty enough to make a noticeable difference when unplugged possibly.  Yep, the plugs are also original. Thanks again
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by J1983.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds