Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

VW Touareg 2012, Parking brake motor

More
2 years 9 months ago #50367 by IulianR
Hello. It's aTouareg 2012 with a parking brake problem. The car ran a lot with no functional parking brake and my brother (the owner) decided to repair it. We've replaced the brake disks, parking brake pads and the parking brake motors - oem.
The service manual explains that the airgap needs to be adjusted between 1.9 mm and 2.4 mm and no more than 0.2 mm between left and right. The left wheel went ok but on the right not so easy. Every time I try to adjust the airgap I cannot adjust it in that range, it is always above. Also, there is a DTC - "Right parking brake motor mechanical malfunction" every time I activate the airgap adjustment function. Managed to hookup an 2000 series 2 channel scope to both motors, and I've merged in one file with Picoscope 6 software. My thought was that is a bad relay in the parking brake module but I don't think this anymore. Any thoughts?
Tank you!

Link to psdata on my Google drive:  drive.google.com/drive/folders/1msxzsdCX...P49mp5jNTEl-3IIMlrTP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #60299 by Arrowhawk
Hi,

I have found your post while looking for information on a Touareg we are having EPB problems with. We are having exactly the same issue as you, we cannot get right rear to adjust within range and have a mechanical malfunction fault even with brand new genuine actuator.

Did you ever resolve this issue, and if so would you be able to give me some information on the solution?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds