Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Nissan March K13 (Micra K13) gear box problem

More
2 years 9 months ago #50264 by Loney911
DBA-K13 with Key has gear engage issue , when lever shift to D or L to engage it will take nearly 2 minutes, when depressing gas or fully depressed car is moving very slowly. After few minutes suddenly gear is engage an driving fast. 
when diagnosing some time ECM fault is registered with transmission fault ,some times transmission fault onlyECM 
P1720 , P1715
TCMP0720 
P188E-00 

Attachment not found

[​​attachment=9864]Screenshot_20210730-211322.png[/attachment] 

Attachment not found

For sure transmission module and sensors are working fine, I used to check another same model car 
but nothing change and same DTCs are registered
I need to tackle this problem

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #50289 by Loney911
Any idea about this problem?

More
2 years 9 months ago #50292 by jreardon
I don't known anything about this car besides what I'm reading off the service info from: micra-forum.com/showthread.php/2942-2010...nual-(with-DRL-info)

imgur.com/a/BHlBrDd

Can you turn off the start stop system perhaps? Maybe you can remove the electric oil pump out of the equation and see if the transmission will operate normally if the engine never shuts off.

If you have a known good vehicle to compare with maybe you can measure the current going to this electric oil pump and see if it's normal or not maybe.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #50297 by Tutti57
I'm not familiar with this model. Does it have a cvt? Is there a round twist locking connector on the side of the transmission? Make sure that thing is fully seated .

Are you able to view live data on those sensors?

Any recent work done to it?
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Tutti57.

More
2 years 9 months ago #50326 by Loney911
Yes it’s a CVT
Can view live data
All sensor is is value is maintained reference range given in Launch X431
I exchange All the sensors and TCM to other same model car it’s working with out any DTCs

More
2 years 9 months ago #50327 by Loney911
March K13 (Micra) has two type one is start and stop button and other one is using Key to start both model has differences in physical appearance of gearbox. I’m unable to locate Electrical Oil Pump in this model DBA-K13

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #50337 by guafa
Hello guys,

Since you have confirmed sensors and TCM, i would check all possible pressures inside CVT. Those transmission are critical in oil specs and pressures.

Have you ran any kind of idle relearn procedure? Do you have CVT reference? have you changed oil?
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by guafa.

More
2 years 9 months ago #50344 by Loney911
Oil changed
strainer also changed
When try to idle learn it says “Fail to communicate to ECU “
Remaining all other things can be done in tools
How can check ECU inputs and outputs voltage to transmission ?

More
2 years 9 months ago #50349 by guafa
It would be great to have CVT reference, so that we can talk more in deep. I have a little more experience on Honda´s CVT, so I´m going to explain one of those.

*Torque converter is controled by an ON/OFF solenoid, as well as pressure line, so you can check for on/off voltage (0v or 12v)
*Forward, reverse, lockup clutch, drive and driven pulleys are controled by PWM, so you can check for average voltage (between 0v to 12v)
*Inputs to PCM are drive pulley and driven pulley speeds, oil temp and pressure line
*Speed sensors are hall effect, so you can check for 0v to 5v square wave with scope or some average voltage with voltmeter
*Oil temp and pressure are voltages between (0v to 5v)

More
2 years 9 months ago #50391 by Loney911
Any possibility for clutch plate?
Due to worn plate May cause this issue?
(It take few time to engage gear, when applying break again it will take few mins to engage gear.
But reverse gear is fine)

More
2 years 9 months ago #50394 by guafa
Do you mean by clutch plate, look up clutch or flex plate?

If you mean look up clutch, it only engages above certain speed (i would say 60 km/h but actually i don't know the exact speed programed by nissan. So i think is not related at all with initial movement.

If ​​​​issue is only on forward movement, then i would check forward clutch pressure and PID which let me know if PCM is receiving selector switch signal.

Bear in mind that reverse and forward pressures could be different, since they used different transmission ratios, so you still can have a pressure line issue, but i insist we need to know CVT reference to go in deep and well diagnosis.

More
2 years 9 months ago #50416 by Loney911
Yes it receives selector signal
P, N, R, D, L
I checked while Driving too
It runs 1st and 2nd gear can view from data streams
I can send you a video also

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #50426 by guafa
Yes go ahead. Send a link because i don't think you can upload a video. So that all of us can see it.

keep an eye on speed sensors (drive and driven pulley). At initial movement, drive pulley should be at speed very close to rpm (let say 900 rpm) and driven pulley should be at 300 rpm or so, since it should start at a transmission ratio like if it were in first gear. That also tells you whether sensors are working.
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by guafa.

More
2 years 9 months ago #50512 by Tutti57
The TC can lock up at like 15mph on Nissan cvts.

Are you here any bulletins that address tcm issues on this model? There is a tcm update on many models that changes the dtc set criteria to set more codes for direction.

They are pretty sensitive to setting pressure codes if pressure is not to spec and judder codes when it's slipping.

More
1 year 10 months ago #56883 by giogio
what happen? what is ending for this issue? i have same problem, sometimes low speed. oil changed, filter cleaned and filter 2 replaced

More
1 year 10 months ago #56905 by guafa
Hi giogio,

We don't know. Owner/technician didn't give us any feedback.

You can start a new thread giving us as much information as possible. As you can see in this old thread, i was asking for CVT reference and PID's he/she never answered.

More
1 year 9 months ago #56999 by giogio
HI. i'm with google translate. please show me for example link. what link you need? Or write to me more widely

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #57035 by guafa
Giogio,

1. Go to "main forum"
2. Go to "post your repair question here"
3. Translate instructions (red background and white color) and that's all.

You cannot upload big files here, but you can post links to the complementary files/videos.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by guafa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: giogio

More
1 year 9 months ago #57250 by giogio
i was do new post named 12

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds