Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

06 CTS, No Crank, No Communication with ECM, U1000

More
2 years 8 months ago #50293 by Cheryl
Unhook tcm put a jumper wire in the cam wires and check from dlc should have close to 0 ohms. If you do check the cam wires coming out of tcm to ecm for an open

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #50302 by Hardtopdr2
Use a turn signal bulb like a 3157/ 3057

More
2 years 8 months ago #50304 by P320
I can't find a connector end view of the TCM connector. I can see the can bus wires. I was able to get continuity on the can h. I'm not sure about low. It tried a few different pin holes with no success.

Also the can h and l do not pass through the TCM to get to the ECM. There are no pins in the TCM. I would have to pass through the connector.

More
2 years 8 months ago #50306 by Cheryl
Unplug tcm look for pins 20 and 21 tan and tan/BLk wires. Put jumper wire in between the 2 terminals recheck for continuity at pins 6 and 14 at dlc. Should have continuity. Let us know what you get

More
2 years 8 months ago #50312 by guafa
Here is what i got. Please confirm because i see CAN lines slightly different. Then diagnosis logic is a little different.

More
2 years 8 months ago #50313 by Cheryl
I still see it as going from dlc going In tcm then out of tcm to ecm because it’s not a 6.0 liter. Also has class 2 coming in ecm

More
2 years 8 months ago #50314 by guafa
Yes Cheryl, you are right. My mistake

More
2 years 8 months ago #50317 by guafa
Ok guys, I rechecked my logic.

*ECM is not communicating through class 2 (even with continuity between modules (checked by P320)), neither through CAN with TCM.
*voltage in class 2 network could be generated by the other modules, so we still don´t know if ECM is sending something.
*If you have a CAN lines issue, that shouldn´t be affecting class 2 and viceversa.

The only issue i can imaging is an ECM ground issue which is altering voltage level in chip inside ECM in charge of communication.

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds