Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1996 tacoma,2.7

More
2 years 9 months ago #50182 by Herc53
1996 tacoma,2.7 was created by Herc53
ok,I'm back working on my 1996 tacoma. I pulled motor back out. Checked reluctor ring.no problems,I installed a OEM crank sensor. $ 197.00 from Toyota a dealer.
I'm seeing rpms on my computer.I had head reworked. I've got everything together. I tested fuel  pump ohms,good (3.7)I've tested circuit relay,good,i tested,efi relay good. I finally got me a FSM  and i slipped up on this thing called a ignitor relay noise filter,etc. . If this thing goes bad will it cause a no start ? I really  don't know how to test it. However it has no continuity and no ohms . So i think it's bad. Nothing in my FSM tells me anything about this creature.My computer tells me i have an ignitor problem.DTC 1300 . I have fuel pressure(50+ lbs) once i spin engine over..I've got a new Distributor and ignitor to put in. Haven't put in yet .I had trouble putting the old distributor in,until late. I figured how to put #1 on compression stroke align mark on distributor with mark on gear in 12:00 postion ,slide it in and the rotor  will roll clockwise toward #1 about 2:oclock position once it's butts up to head.I"m in for the long haul. it's got to go. I appreciate all of you thats helped me .I just need a little more

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds