Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Audi A4 2.0T Misfire

More
2 years 9 months ago #50053 by fctnunes
Whats up guys
i got a misfire on number two good spark good compression dont know the timing but i think is good anyway i check the injector waveform and got this.
i never saw one like this before i tried to find same information about it but nothing. Im hoping you guys can help me with that. I check another cylinder and was basically the same.
Is that a good injector waveform? Thanks  

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #50057 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic Audi A4 2.0T Misfire
It would help if you specified the exact engine type....

Looks like your dealing with a direct injection system. The big voltage spike makes up for a very swift injector opening and thereafter the injector is pulsed to stay open.

The waveform indeed shows a normal pattern. If you connect to the other injector wire as well you will see that both sides, voltage feed and ground side are pulsed.

Take care with scopes that will not allow such high input voltages. In this case you should use an attenuator or you may damage the scope

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fctnunes

More
2 years 9 months ago #50070 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Audi A4 2.0T Misfire

What's the year of your Audi? Engine code? Guessing a CAEB.

That looks pretty normal for a GDI injector to me. B) If this one looked similar to another cylinder, then I wouldn't suspect an injector electrical issue. Unfortunately, it doesn't say anything about its flow rate or spray pattern.

This SD Premium video is a perfect introduction to GDI injector control:

www.scannerdanner.com/scannerdanner-prem...njector-control.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: fctnunes

More
2 years 9 months ago #50384 by fctnunes
Replied by fctnunes on topic Audi A4 2.0T Misfire
Ya. Is a 2204

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds