Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

96 Toyota Tacoma 2.4L 5 speed

More
2 years 9 months ago #50021 by Baluskin
Truck starts but stalls out as soon as the key is moved from crank back to run, code P1300 present. I know this means that the ECM is shutting down the injector pulse because it is not seeing feedback that the engine is running. I verified the the IGF wire (B/Y) is good going from the ignitor to the ECM and today put an ignitor in the truck after eliminating a bunch  of other things and still finding myself in the same spot. I have power and ground at the ignitor plug and the I can keep the truck running with the key in the run position if I spray ether directly in the intake. So my thoughts are my coil is operating properly. I don't like throwing parts at a problem  but at this point I'm pretty stumped the manual says to put a known good ECM in but I don't want to do that without verifying my signal to the ECM on the IGF wire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #50029 by Cheryl
Can you post a engine performance diagram

More
2 years 9 months ago #50030 by Cheryl
Are you losing power to the injectors?

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds