Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Tiny A/C Leak

More
2 years 10 months ago #49622 by joelau27
Tiny A/C Leak was created by joelau27
Hi Danner,
Love your videos, very educational. I have a '69 GTO. I am using R12 and just replaced the condenser, two hoses, and resealed the A6 compressor, and drier.
I evacuated the system for an hour, held vacuum for 3 days. Then pressurized with 150 lbs. of nitrogen.
I have lost 3/4 of a psi. in 5 days. Do you think I should pursue this leak? If so, witch is the best method?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #49623 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Tiny A/C Leak
Good question. :huh: I'm completely new to nitrogen testing, so I have no idea if that's acceptable or not.

More
2 years 10 months ago #49624 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic Tiny A/C Leak
That tiny pressure change could be due to a slight change in ambient temperature. Or drift on what I guess must be a digital pressure gauge. If there is a leak it isn't near large enough to worry about, and would be next to impossible to detect.

Bleed the system down to just above atmospheric pressure then vac it down and gas it up.

More
2 years 10 months ago #49627 by Hardtopdr2
Replied by Hardtopdr2 on topic Tiny A/C Leak
That psi drop is nothing to worry about as pressures vary with temperature. Like Matt said bleed off pressure then evacuate system for 30 minutes and recharge with your refrigerant. Make sure to put oil in system rated for r12 and proper amount.

Alex

More
2 years 10 months ago #49642 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Tiny A/C Leak
Ye sthe guys have nailed it  good old Boyles Law at work   ---- all down to temperature variation.  Don't worry be happy :-)

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds