Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 wrangler 4.0 manual trans p0344

More
2 years 10 months ago #49518 by Cheryl
I did programming for a shop upon request for a p0344 for a tsb they found. The mechanic said he replaced both cam and crank sensors. But I’m wondering if he did the dummy distributor. Does this model year have a set sync you do with the scan tool? Can someone find if it does in service information.  Plus I want to say buy oem sensors not junk aftermarket ones. He wants to condemn the pcm but honestly I’m not. But if he wants me to program a new computer I will upon request 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #49521 by Matt T
Took a quick look in the '05 FSM and it mentions a CKP/CMP relearn after replacing the dummy distributor. So the '06 probably has one.

More
2 years 10 months ago #49522 by Cheryl
Yea I’ll see if he replaced it or not. I’m not sure. But might tell him to look in the cam crank relearn

More
2 years 10 months ago #49529 by Tyler
Checked Mitchell for an '06. The CMP/Oil pump drive R/R procedure does list a cam/crank procedure as the very last step.

More
2 years 10 months ago #49530 by Cheryl
I’ll see if he did a relearn on it. I don’t want to program a new pcm and not do it upon his request. I think he’s missing something

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds