Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Opel/Vauxhall Astra J VXR 2012

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #49440 by VxrGtc
I have an issue with my VXR GTC 2012

NO RPM, ESP + EGM light are on

1) crankshaft position sensor replaced with OEM
2) timing chain replaced
3) Ecu replaced
4) Engine wiring harness replaced

dealership have carried out the repairs and failed to correct the problem. Returned the vehicle to me stating to take it to an auto electrician

auto electrician has diagnosed the vehicle

5volts are coming from the crankshaft sensor
crankshaft reluctor ring seems fine
oscilloscope on sensor seems fine

unable to relearn crankshaft position sensor

Really confused on this vehicle and had this issue since 2018
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by VxrGtc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #49441 by Matt T
Found this trying to google what an EGM light is And I still ain't sure what it is

www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/threads/...esp-light-on.897098/

Did the guy that looked at the car 'scope a cam crank correlation? And ideally compare it to a known good, though that might not be easy to find for that vehicle.

More
2 years 11 months ago #49444 by VxrGtc
That was my post I made earlier this year, EGM - ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT, Check engine light

Suppose to be EML for short. Not sure what I was thinking with typing EGM (my mistake)

Unfortunately he could check against another. Auto electrician did scope it and stated it seemed fine although I didnt see this for myself....

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds