Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2010 GMC sierra 5.4l code P0341

More
2 years 11 months ago #49390 by Luis
Hello guys i need your help again, Im working in a 2010 GMC sierra with a 5.4L engine 4wd, with the code p0341 camshaft sensor performance, first thing i did is check 5v reference while the engine is running and is good is steady doesnt drop, check low ref and same thing everything good and checked signal with and oscilloscope at the connector and is fine no drops at all, i checked signal wire at the pcm and everything also no drops even when i wiggle the wires or connectors, next thing i did is check crankshaft sensor, did same procedure at the connector and at the pcm and i cant find any problem, what i notice when i check the data pids the CMP SENSOR rpm drops to zero randomly, what can cause that if im not losing signal from ckp or cmp? ( checking both signal wires at the pcm with an oscilloscope) engine rpm stays steady. i replaced the cmp sensor but im having same results, what am i missing? 
 i also checked the reluctor wheels on both and so signs of damage, please help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #49459 by robert.lesaca
I was was working with an 07 GMC Tahoe and had both PO340/34. Oqner mentioned he replaced noth CMP and CRK with an afterarket. When I scoped the CMP, at first waveform showed 0-5 V and as it warmed up, it read about 3-5V and then ho back to 0-5 V intermittently. I recommended for an OEM sensor which he did. Did the usual integrity and scope test at sensor and PCM, no drop outs, and it started real quick and run fine for about a week...same codes appeared. He decided to replace ECM and owner says no more codes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds