Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2007 Pontiac Montana hard starting

More
2 years 11 months ago #49256 by benjamin.booth
Hey guys , I'm working on a 2007 Montana van with a 3.9. Customer came in and said it was hard start and it might need a tune up. I scanned it , it had a random misfire code, crank sensor code and knock sensor codes. So l did a tune up, changed both knock sensors and did crank sensor. Ran wonderful after. Customer drove that afternoon with and on his return home it acted up. The next morning it would start at all just buck when cranking like it's out of time. He had it towed back to the shop here l scanned it. Crank sensor code returned, cleared code went to live data check for crank sensor reading and had that. Eventually got it to run but when it was running it idled rough like running on 5 cylinders. Checked live data no issues. I've also changed the cam sensor and cam timing solenoid.

What l have checked up to this point.

-Crank signal at sensor and from ECM
-checked fuel pressure it's above 50 psi
-check fuse and grounds.
- replaced crank sensor thinking first one might have a defect.. 

Anyone experience this issue before.?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 11 months ago #49257 by Noah
Exactly what codes are setting right now?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds