Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1997 Dodge Dakota no power problem

More
2 years 11 months ago #49239 by Runningbear
Ok I am back again and the misfire problem is on the back burner for now as there is a more serious issue. I have a bigger problem with my truck now, I can start it up after changing around the relays from the ASD and other like relay slots and it will run just fine...for about tow or three start ups and then there is absolutely no power going through the system to start the engine. If I have the key in the ignition with one of the doors open the courtesy/cab light will blink and there will be clicking either until I close the door or the batter dies out completely. NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT came on. I drove to a destination and did my business and then attempt to leave nothing happens. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #49246 by Chad

Runningbear post=49239

I can start it up after changing around the relays from the ASD and other like relay slots and it will run just fine...for about tow or three start ups and then there is absolutely no power going through the system to start the engine.

Is this repeatable? Is it eating relays? Or, is it that just moving them, temporarily, fixes it?

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Chad.

More
2 years 10 months ago #49322 by Runningbear
This repeated it self 1 week apart. One Monday it started just fine then it doesn't want to start up again. The following Monday it happened again but with a shorter driving distance. Apparently the relay swap was a temporary fix, not sure if it's eating up relays. 

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds