Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Autel cam/Crank relearn Dodge 2.4

More
2 years 11 months ago #49102 by warren.kruger
Trying to do a dodge cam crank relearn on a 2.4 after replacing crank sensor as required on repair .. Engine won’t start just a continuous crank is this normal for the Autel relearn ? Or should engine start  and run ? For relearn ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 11 months ago #49104 by Noah
Must be going around, lol. Scanner Danner was just saying he couldn't find a cam crank relearn for a Jeep with a 2.4.
I THINK it should start and run though. In my experience you usually end up with false misfire codes if the procedure isn't carried out.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 years 11 months ago #49112 by ScannerDanner
yeah how crazy is the timing on this :-)

Don't be a parts changer!

More
2 years 11 months ago #49119 by Tyler
Wow, another Dodge eating somebody's lunch? No way! :silly:

What's the YMM you're working on? Aftermarket scanners seem to be spotty about supporting this function, for whatever reason.

More
2 years 11 months ago #49124 by warren.kruger
It’s a 2015 Dodge Journey 2.4 the Autel 906 had the setup for cam/crank relearn but engine wouldn’t start with new crank sensor installed ..btw this is a start/ Stop ignition no key .and I would think engine would need to be running to get the relearn completed..?.but it did not start just a constant crank ...does the relearn continue to crank engine till it completes the process maybe ?

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #49125 by Cheryl
Does it start with the old sensor installed?? You could of got a bad new sensor out of the box. Getting an rpm signal on the scanner while cranking?
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Cheryl.

More
2 years 11 months ago #49133 by warren.kruger
Yes reinstalled the old sensor and vehicle started.... it’s a 3 hour drive for me to this vehicle and time was an issue that day so I am going back soon and I guess try a new sensor and use the Autel for a crank/Cam relearn ...you are correct that I did not see an RPM signal with new sensor... I am just not sure of the relearn process that is in scan tool but I would assume engine needs to at least start or do a long crank for the relearn??

More
2 years 11 months ago #49134 by warren.kruger
Really ....awhile back I did a crank sensor on a jeep with a 4.0 liter and just had to install sensor crank and go ...we are so complicating our lives with new technologies but I think the car makers are doing this too not only sell you the car but also be the only ones to repair them ....all auto tech’s one day will be at dealers only and the public will pay the price

More
2 years 11 months ago #49275 by ScannerDanner

yeah how crazy is the timing on this :-)
Quick update on our Jeep with the 2.4 engine with the misfires showing on 1 and 4. We did the cap discharge, did not work. Found a "Reset All Adaptives" that did the trick. Stupid! smh
There were no cam or crank relearn procedures anywhere. Not sure if the cap discharge was needed prior to doing the reset or not. But it is fixed. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Tyler, juergen.scholl

More
2 years 11 months ago #49282 by Tyler
Good to know, sir. B) You'd think a battery disconnect would have sorted that out...

More
2 years 11 months ago #49283 by ScannerDanner

Good to know, sir. B) You'd think a battery disconnect would have sorted that out...
right? smh

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 11 months ago #49291 by Noah
I'll tuck that one under my hat, thanks for the update!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds