Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Audi A4 1.8T 2014 CJE engine code

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #49064 by Pieter
Hi, I have a Audi A4 with fault code p00B7 coolant flow. I took a look at ross-tech and they show the procedure for testing the coolant system. My problem is that the actual coolant temp reading at the radiator seems fine but the specified value shows -48 degC. Where does the ecu get the info to request that temp or is it programmed that way.

What the vehicle does is usually after standing the day it will have erratic idling and does not rev up. If you switch it off and start again it runs perfectly.
Freezeframe data does not show much, only basic info like time stamp. No extra info.

What I also found in live data is that the block temp raw value shows -20 degC. Any idea what sensor gives the reading? It has a electronic type coolant pump under the intake with 1 connector from what i can see. Customer said pump was replaced already.

Thanks Pieter
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Pieter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #49093 by Tyler
Hey Pieter!

I'm wondering if you might have a skewed ECT sensor. It'd account for a perceived flow problem, and poor running on first startup. I think your best chance to catch the problem is to watch MVB 130, 131 and 134, KOEO after sitting overnight. The coolant temperature sensor should agree with the ambient and intake sensors within a few degrees.

Not sure why the specified radiator temp reading is skewed. :unsure: Might depend on if this does indeed have a radiator outlet temp sensor, or how the map cooling system works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pieter

More
2 years 11 months ago #49127 by Pieter
It has a radiator outlet temp sensor. I can see it and i unplugged it too see what it does when unplugged. I am just wondering if it has a built in sensor on the coolant pump as the 1.8 tfsi with the small belt that is located under the intake aswell also has a coolant sensor on it. This type has everything enclosed i suspect as its thermostat is also in the pump and i have had 1 before where the pump leaks in itself and caused a short.

More
2 years 11 months ago #49128 by Desmond6004
Have you got your numbers the wrong way around or are you looking for the wrong problem?

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pieter

More
2 years 11 months ago #49131 by Pieter
Got it wrong way around thanks for pointing it out. Will edit it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Desmond6004

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds