Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Re:2007 avalanche 5.3 flex fuel

More
2 years 11 months ago #48975 by Cheryl
Severe lack of power like struggles to go over 35 mph. Checked for restricted exhaust 3 psi both banks. Alcohol content reset checked actual fuel around 10%. Fuel pressure 55psi. But what’s weird is map sensor reads 2.5 volts at idle. Goes dead lean. I am replacing front oxygen sensors for heater codes. But still shouldn’t an o2 sensor unplugged still have more power than that. I’m thinking of checking actual vacuum with a gauge and doing a cam crank scope pattern. Does anyone have a known good cam crank relationship. Won’t rev. Customer bought it used at a car lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #48976 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic 2007 avalanche 5.3 flex fuel
The other thing I noticed that’s weird is the mad sensor electrical connector is at the 12 o’clock position. Would you think that would cause an issue?

More
2 years 11 months ago #48977 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2007 avalanche 5.3 flex fuel

Cheryl wrote: But still shouldn’t an o2 sensor unplugged still have more power than that.

Agreed. The only way I can think of for an O2 to cause low power is if it's a false rich condition. And you already indicated that the O2's go dead lean.

I’m thinking of checking actual vacuum with a gauge and doing a cam crank scope pattern. Does anyone have a known good cam crank relationship. Won’t rev. Customer bought it used at a car lot

I can get one tomorrow if needed. What's the 8th of the VIN? Or the engine RPO?

I might suggest unplugging the MAF? What does the MAP say KOEO?

The other thing I noticed that’s weird is the mad sensor electrical connector is at the 12 o’clock position. Would you think that would cause an issue?

Can't say I remember. :lol: And I just did an engine oil pressure sensor in one today... Again, I have a couple vehicles to check at work if needed.

More
2 years 11 months ago #48978 by Cheryl
I’ll get you the 8th vin tomorrow. But I’ve unplugged the maf sensor still no power. The map sensor reads 2.5 volts at idle thinking it’s low vacuum screwing with the map. This thing will hardly go over a speed bump. It says add oil on dash but oil level is full so it’s probably just a oil level sensor. Weird thing is it’s not misfiring or anything at idle. Also what does your fuel injector balance test start at abs end at on psi readings? Trying to see if it’s restricted injectors. They don’t give specs even though it’s there scantool automatic test

More
2 years 11 months ago #48979 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:2007 avalanche 5.3 flex fuel
How about a data shot with 02s, maf, map, tps, rpm doing a from stop to whatever it'll do hard acceleration

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

More
2 years 11 months ago #48980 by Cheryl
I’ll get a pic for you tomorrow Ben. This thing ain’t definitely spinning no tires. Just trying to see if the timing is off. The highest maf reading I could absolutely get is 169 g/s

More
2 years 11 months ago #48981 by Cheryl
Oh btw it was showing o2 heater codes so I’ll replace them because the customer wants the cel off.

More
2 years 11 months ago #48983 by Ben
Your using snapon right? Send me a file if you can

More
2 years 11 months ago #48984 by Cheryl
Actual vacuum is 14 inches at idle. Map reads accurate for my location it’s 29 inches

More
2 years 11 months ago #48985 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2007 avalanche 5.3 flex fuel

Cheryl wrote: IAlso what does your fuel injector balance test start at abs end at on psi readings? Trying to see if it’s restricted injectors. They don’t give specs even though it’s there scantool automatic test

I just ran this test on an '09 Avalanche. I don't recall the exact readings, but I do recall the injectors dropping about 30 PSI each. That's not a hard and fast rule, just what the last set of injectors did. :silly:

More
2 years 11 months ago #48986 by Tyler

Ben wrote: Your using snapon right? Send me a file if you can

Me, too!

More
2 years 11 months ago #48987 by Ben
Did you drive it with exhaust pressure sensor hooked up? I rigged up a 30psi pressure transducer to 02 bung adapter so I can drive it and see what I can get on. Wide open throttle run . I've wanted to try a pulse sensor in the tailpipe and see how the pulses change (I expect it to not have pulses with plugged cats at high load/pressure) but I havent had any with plugged cats lately..

More
2 years 11 months ago #48988 by Matt T

Cheryl wrote: I’ll get a pic for you tomorrow Ben. This thing ain’t definitely spinning no tires. Just trying to see if the timing is off. The highest maf reading I could absolutely get is 169 g/s

Do you mean 16 point 9 g/s?

More
2 years 11 months ago #48990 by Cheryl
I’ll see if mine are around that. Give or take a few psi. No I’m not using snap on I use launch or gds2 on a cardaq j box

More
2 years 11 months ago #48991 by Cheryl
One hundred and 69

More
2 years 11 months ago #48992 by Ben
Ok well some pictures graphed will do . I seem to remember the fuel pressure drop test ending around 23 psi on the 5.3 but the amount of pulses may be different between tools ... I haven't tried the pressure drop test on the otc yet but several other functions between the otc evolve and the snapon are way different....

More
2 years 11 months ago #48993 by Cheryl
The customer has a snap on tool with bi directional tests. So I’ll just use his since it’s not doing him any good right now. Ill do it on a cold engine

More
2 years 11 months ago #48994 by Matt T

Cheryl wrote: One hundred and 69

Just played with a VE calculator and it's ~85% at 4,000 rpm. Is that roughly where you saw 169?

More
2 years 11 months ago #48996 by Cheryl
I’ll re do a ve test. I was in a rush. I’ll definitely let you know

More
2 years 11 months ago #48997 by Matt T

Cheryl wrote: The customer has a snap on tool with bi directional tests. So I’ll just use his since it’s not doing him any good right now. Ill do it on a cold engine

Could get the scan tool set up KOEO then start it and take it for a WOT pull immediately while it's in open loop. That'd should rule out it being the O2 sensors.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds