Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Re:Re:2011 Buick LaCrosse Engine Misfire on injectors 3,4 and 6

More
2 years 11 months ago #48645 by Da Beginner
Good day all. I’m getting my but kick by this lacrosse. Here’s my situation. The car has a misfire on injectors 3,4 and 6. It’s powered and ground by the ECM. All of the injectors are good. I put a Noyd light on them and that’s how I know the ones that aren’t working, in doing my testing I now know that the injectors mentioned above are not getting power from the ECM. I did a continuity test on the wiring and they are all good. My question is how do I test the computer to see if it’s the problem? I am kinda confuse with the resistance testing but I’m watching and reading more in that area, any direction right now is appreciated. Thanks. I’m wondering if the driver in the ECM is gone but wanna be sure because the ECM is very costly. Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #48647 by Ben
Are you missing power or ground?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

More
2 years 11 months ago #48648 by Ben
According to diagram fuses f9ua and f8ua are responsible for fuel injection have they been checked?

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #48650 by Da Beginner
Good day. I’m getting my but kick by this lacrosse. Here’s my situation. The car has a misfire on injectors 3,4 and 6. It’s powered and ground by the pcm. All of the injectors are good. I put a Noyd light on it and that’s how I know they aren’t working, in doing my testing I now know that the injectors mentioned above are not getting power from the ECM. I did a continuity test on the wiring and they are all good. My question is how do I test the computer to see if it’s the problem? I am kinda confuse with the resistance testing but I’m watching and reading more in that area, please I know you guys are very busy, but any direction right now is appreciated. Thanks.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Chad. Reason: Post merged with original thread

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #48684 by Da Beginner
The car is a Buick LaCrosse 3.6v. The situation is the car is throwing a 1255 code. The car is missing on cylinders 3,4 and 6, did a few checks and found out that the ECM is not supplying power to the injectors mentioned above. I’ve clean all the injectors, did a Resistance test on them and they seem fine. It looks like someone has switch out a few of the injectors, anyways please any help will be greatly appreciated. How can I test the.ECM to see if it the problem? Because after it’s the ECM that supplies both ground and power.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Chad. Reason: Post merged with original thread.

More
2 years 11 months ago #48685 by Da Beginner
Hey Ben thanks for responding. Am missing power from injectors 3,4 and 6

More
2 years 11 months ago #48686 by Da Beginner
Yes they were, and both are good

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 11 months ago #48689 by Noah
Like Ben noted, power is not directly supplied by the computer, but rather by a fuse. If the fuse has power as you say but the injectors do not, then there is an open circuit between the fuse and the injectors.
What is the definition of the trouble code you posted? I tried looking it up but found no p1255...

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 years 11 months ago #48691 by Ben
Actually we were both wrong in assuming it was all time power feed supplied by fuse.... diagram shows those 2 fuses supplying the pcm with power and a driver on power and ground? I'm not sure why maybe the inductive kickback of the gdi injector?any rate ill get pcm pin later to check for power at pcm I suspicion its the power supply circuit as that would affect a bank a pcm issue would likely be isolated to a single injector.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
2 years 11 months ago #48692 by Ben
Attachments:

More
2 years 11 months ago #48693 by Ben
Check pin 76 and 77 at pcm for 12v with key on (both purple with dark blue stripe)

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 11 months ago #48820 by Noah

Ben wrote: diagram

Oops! That's what I get for assuming! Thank you for the correction Ben :)

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 years 10 months ago #49358 by Da Beginner
Thank you so much for your feedback. We had move it to the side for a while, but the problem was the ECM wasn’t firing the injectors or should I say” grounding” new ECM on the way so we’ll let everyone know how it go.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds