Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 SAAB 9-3 no communications with Tech2, no crank, no start

More
2 years 10 months ago #48622 by JeD
2005 SAAB 9-3 V6
Tech 2 clone with SAAB software & GM software
Car previously had no start condition with the common ABS module flaw. This was temporarily bypassed by jumping two pairs of pins on the ABS module connector. Car sat for most of 2020. Bought used ABS module, installed, did not remedy the no crank situation. I sent the the original ABS module to be professionally repaired, installed original module when returned, still no crank, no start.
Both the Tech 2 clone and a BlueDriver unit will not communicate with the car modules. One of the Tech 2 messages says "check continuity of DLC pin 1 to CIM" I am trying to follow the wire from DLC pin 1 to CIM=Column Integration Module, which is underneath the airbag in the steering wheel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #48624 by Cheryl
I’ve had a tech 2 clone and that thing sucked at communicating. It even didn’t communicate with cars that had no issues. Check resistance of pins 6 and 14 if it’s can bus should read close to 60 ohms

More
2 years 10 months ago #48626 by Ben
I dont have any faith in clone scan tools...

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

More
2 years 10 months ago #48929 by JeD
Multimeter check of OBD2 connector:
Good / have
P01 0v or 5-7v /= .4~.5v fluctuates
P04 0v/ = 0.04v
P05 0v/ = 0.03v
P06 2.5-3.5v/ = 2.51v
P14 1.5-2.5v/ = 2.47v
P16 12+v/ = 12.02v

More
2 years 10 months ago #48964 by JeD
I have 0.4 to 0.6 ohms on a continuity test on
OBD2 DLC pins 1, 6, 14 to the CIM module pins 19, 21, 22

More
2 years 10 months ago #48974 by JeD
I tried a ground to power test light on DLC pin 16 and CIM pin 1, separately, and both blew the 5A fuse. That's not supposed to happen.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #49744 by saabone93
Check the small fusebox in front of the battery, red relay number 4, with ignition on the Ecm sends a ground signal to the 85 position, relay should close (a clicking sound should be heard) power is then sent back to Ecm. No click no start
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by saabone93. Reason: typo

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds