Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

crank no start freelander 2 2.2 diesel

More
3 years 1 week ago #48472 by Kudu.123
hi All, i am working Freelander 2 2.2 4 cyl diesel, no start condition. no fault codes present, cambelt checked but seems off, although tension still good.i have done scope as follows: blue ic crank hall effect, red cam hall effect, yellow is wpx in cylinder compression test., green is injector pulse. from video tutorials it appears to have serious issue on valve timing, on intake from my understanding it also starts creating pressure and spike indicates incorrect valve opening at wrong time? your guidance is highly appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #48474 by Andy.MacFadyen
Have you scoped more than one cylinder ? --- interested to see if the traces are not identical as this would indicate a cam wasn't rotating, a pulse sensor in the exhaust or inlet would also give good clues.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
3 years 1 week ago #48484 by Kudu.123
i have redone cambelt timing (crank pulley to exhaust cam sprocket) and are two teeth out on the belt. It has chain between exhaust cam and intake cam. Busy now reassembling cambelt to retest and will include all 4 cylinders waveforms in cylinder pressure test just for verification.

More
3 years 1 week ago #48492 by John Curtis

Kudu.123 wrote: hi All, i am working Freelander 2 2.2 4 cyl diesel, no start condition. no fault codes present, cambelt checked but seems off, although tension still good.i have done scope as follows: blue ic crank hall effect, red cam hall effect, yellow is wpx in cylinder compression test., green is injector pulse. from video tutorials it appears to have serious issue on valve timing, on intake from my understanding it also starts creating pressure and spike indicates incorrect valve opening at wrong time? your guidance is highly appreciated.

The bump at the end of the exhaust stroke can be due to timing problems but can also be due to forced induction on turbo vehicles.

I’m curious about that injector pulse, is that a current of voltage capture. It doesn’t look like the typical capture I’m used to seeing but I would imagine that you can measure when it’s firing and use that to determine if you’re in time since it’s a diesel.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

More
3 years 4 days ago #48610 by Kudu.123
hi, i have redone cambelt and peak now changed to vacuum seems early valve event happening, need to strip cam chain off to verify timing between cams next. your thought on possible causes pls?thanks
Attachments:

More
3 years 4 days ago - 3 years 4 days ago #48612 by John Curtis
The IVO “looks better”. I won’t judge the EVO at all because some of the Chrysler’s I see seem like it’s early but it’s perfectly normal for the engine. Really hard without a known good. The best thing I could say is compare cam/crank. Other than that look at how man degrees the injector is firing relative to TDC.What is the engine code? Maybe Facebook automotive insight network might have someone in there that can share a known good.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.
Last edit: 3 years 4 days ago by John Curtis.

More
3 years 1 day ago #48687 by Kudu.123
hi sirs, redone in cylinder comp test on all 4 cylinders, rescoped cam / crank and seems to be same now as rotkee good pattern axcept spike at cam scope pattern.
main issue found is no 3 cylinder no compression cylinder 1 & 2 has vacuum event and cyl 4 seems perfect as per received diesel known good pattern
Attachments:

More
2 years 10 months ago #49497 by Kudu.123
hi all, after replacing all valves (stem ground down by lack of oil it seems) new lifters and all new rockers vehicle runs perfectly.
i have done after repair scope as well for reference in cyl wps compression test.
thanks for assistance
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds