Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2007 Chevy trailblazer blower motor

More
3 years 1 week ago #48456 by Chevyman
Working on sons trailblazer. All blower motor speeds work except high position 5. Checked 40 amp fuse in distribution center number 35. Has current one one side in panel dead on other. Anyone have a schematic of the power distribution center so I can see where both side of fuse go to so I can diagnosis it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 week ago #48457 by Cheryl
Most likely it’s a blown fuse. Hot on one side not the other.

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #48459 by Chevyman
With fuse out and you take test light on both terminals in distribution center one terminal in center is hot other one no voltage and I believe it's fuse number 35
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Chevyman.

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #48461 by jm_460
With the fuse removed, you mentioned that one terminal has power, but the second terminal does not. That is normal. When the fuse is installed (one that is not blown), the fuse bridges the power from one terminal to the other. You can do a quick & dirty fuse check by swapping it with a similar one that's in the power distribution box. Without getting too wordy, speed setting 5 provides power to the the Blower Motor Relay, activates the relay, and relay then allows full power from Fuse 35 (40A) to flow directly to the blower motor. As Cheryl stated, it's very likely a blown fuse. If you replace it and blows again, you will have to dig deeper.

I've attached a wiring diagram.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by jm_460. Reason: Added correct files and correction

More
3 years 1 week ago #48464 by John Curtis

Chevyman wrote: Working on sons trailblazer. All blower motor speeds work except high position 5. Checked 40 amp fuse in distribution center number 35. Has current one one side in panel dead on other. Anyone have a schematic of the power distribution center so I can see where both side of fuse go to so I can diagnosis it

The fuse that is blown, on the side that doesn’t light, go B- and touch it to the terminal. If it lights there’s a path to ground.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds