Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2010 HHR with PROBLEMS. Lots of problems.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #48427 by John Curtis
Working on a chevy HHR
Customer needs to pass inspection and wanted me to look into the Abs/traction control warning lights concern code scan EBCM vin mismatch. I recommend the EBCM gets programmed.
I did find out the vehicle has been in an accident and that’s the only history I know. This is what I was asked to diagnose...

Owner also says it bogs down when driving and changed coils and plugs so There’s also a CEL for a crank variation relearn and a ton of communication codes in history. Cleared codes as Im doing a Quick visual inspection I tightened up every single grounding point I could clearly see because all were loose. Attempted crank variation relearn and it wouldn’t do it, tried another scan tool and same thing. No speedometer and no RPMs (thinking this is why I can’t do the relearn) but the rest of the gauges work at the IPC.

The car bogged down as I’m in the drivers seat so I performed another scan and had cam actuator codes and crank sensor circuit codes. I decided to do a tap test on the ECM connectors and was able to consistently reproduce the bogging down and get a repeat of the codes when doing the tap test. I looked at a pin out and used the codes to give me an idea on where to do a pin drag test and did find some loose terminals.

Should I recommend a new connector as I fix the pins? I don’t want a comeback. Or is it not necessary. And any input for the crank variation relearn would be greatly appreciated

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds