Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Transmission FAIL Safe Mode (No Shift). 03 Dodge Durango

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #48373 by GrnRango
03 Dodge Durango 4.7l 45rfe Trans. Truck shutdown on me suddenly, fired right back up but the transmission won't shift or respond at all. Scanned it and got all kinds of transmission pressure related DTC'S (which changes after reset). I've tested sensors and replaced press transducer and fluid. Pulled my wiring harness and found several degraded wires; repaired and replaced and Trans DTCs reduced to only 3 trans related, consistent codes, listed below.

Dodge Transmission:
12-Battery Disconnected. Flag Only, not a Fault
28-Bad Transmission Range
CC-Line Pressure Sensor Low

Dodge Engine:
P0038-O2 Sensor 1/1 Heater Circuit High
P0031-O2 Sensor 1/2 Heater Circuit High

Dodge ABS:
65-Open Relay
84-Mismatched VIN

Engine responds to gear change at Shifter but nothing from the Transmission at all.
Today I found my O2 Ground Circuit seems to have an Open. KOEO I unplugged the 1/1 Sensor and tested resistance against body ground on right fender, 8.6 ohms. Not sure where to test next..
Mismatched VIN confuses me given there's been no changes to the module or PCM..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #48384 by GrnRango
Found the Open in the 02 Sensor Ground Circuit. They're both grounded at G105 on the Engine. Bolt was extremely loose. Cleaned it all up and reconnected securely. Good ground now, 0 resistance.
Still looking for cause of 02 Heater Circuit High..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds