Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Re:Re:AEB code-C1A12

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #48333 by jesg45
AEB code-C1A12 was created by jesg45
2019 Nissan Sentra 1.9L, has a C1A12 code, Emergency Braking. It's the sudden braking system. Dealer charges over $1200 dollars to fix it. It needs to be adjusted. I tried to adjust it myself, but to no success. Is there anyway a DIY way to repair or otherwise, delete the EAB system totally?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #48335 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:AEB code-C1A12
Was th car in an accident or was the distance sensor replaced?

I believe this is the code for it not being aimed straight? Usually this one is there because of an accident or something being bent. A lot of times you need to replace the bracket for the sensor and align it, which requires a scan tool that can do the laser/radar milliwave adjustment. You'll also need a target board of some sort and a way to verify the board is straight. We have a laser that attaches to an alignment head on a wheel.

I'm not sure that this adjustment is possible without the equipment. The code doesn't clear for this unless you adjust it properly, and a level isn't good enough because there are three different angles the target has to be changed to during the scantool operation. It has to be accurately done for the code to clear, like less than 1°. Even 3° out of spec calls for replacing the sensor and bracket, assuming damage.

I'm not familiar with a way to disable that system completely because it's part of the can network and is standard on all of them, so it can't just be configured out. You might have an option in the cluster menu to disable it, but I can't remember now.

If it was in an accident, this would be something to discuss with your insurance company. That usually works out well for our customers.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Tyler

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #48368 by jesg45
Replied by jesg45 on topic Re:AEB code-C1A12
This happen when my granddaughter was driving the car at night during a dust storm here in the Phoenix, Az. area, She said something flew up in front of the car and nicked the front plastic bumper. The nick is about just a little over a half inch cut on the plastic. After that happen, the warning alert comes on and stays on. I inspected the whole front area and nothing seems to be bent, crack, or broken, being all plastic. Seems to me if something was bent, whatever it was would have done great damage to the front plastic grill. What I am expressing myself here, I told the svc. manager at the Nissan dealer, but, just won't cover it. This happen after two months of buying the car brand new. Anyway, I just wanted for you to here me out and maybe you guys new of a DIY fix. Thanks anyway.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #48374 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:Re:AEB code-C1A12
That stinks. Yeah, if it was hit by anything it isn't covered by warranty. I had one yesterday where it was out enough where I had to replace the bracket to fix it, but you can almost never tell by eye. I saw one cracked once, but you couldn't see it until it was off the car. I've had a few that were bumped and body shops sublet it to us after trying to bend it back, cause it's just not something you can see.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #48390 by jesg45
Replied by jesg45 on topic Re:Re:AEB code-C1A12
I guess I have to bite the bullet. Thanks much for your info.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #48392 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:Re:Re:AEB code-C1A12
No problem! Good luck with it.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds