Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Replacement Audi valve body programming question

More
3 years 1 month ago #48295 by Tdijetta02
I actually reached out to dan and he referred me here. I replaced a valve body on a 2006 Audi A6 Quattro 4.2 car with a new in the box oem unit. Everything went together nice, I am having an issue where the car will not shift out of 1st gear and will not go past 2,000 rpms. The original issue was a harsh downshift when fluid temp was hot. I did a transmission re adapt on all transmission settting, there are no error messages and I have good communication with all parts of the valve body. It cannot be shifted manually either. I am under the assumption that it needs to go to the dealer for programming, but I cannot confirm if this is true or not. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #48313 by Tyler
Are the transmission control module and the valve body serviced as one component on this transmission?

If so, I have two concerns. One, the coding must be carried from the original module over to the new one. Some, but not all aftermarket scan tools can do this. You'd also need to reconnect the original module to the vehicle to retrieve the original coding.

Two is a potential Component Protection issue. Are there faults stored in other modules? If any of them say 'Component Protection', and won't clear, then that's likely part of the problem. Component Protection is the special Audi/VW way of making sure stolen modules/vehicles don't get parts swapped. Nothing other than ODIS (the factory tool) can do anything about this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds