Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2002 xtrail no ignition coil control

More
3 years 1 month ago #48293 by Truesoldier
I have good cam and crank signals but I don't have any control for the ignition coils. If I disconnect the cam sensor sometimes it starts up after a few cycles. I was taught that the cam is responsible for ignition coil control. Also if I disconnect the cam sensor I get a cam code so I think the computer is satisfied that the signal wire is received. I had a replacement computer do the same thing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #48324 by John Curtis

Truesoldier wrote: I have good cam and crank signals but I don't have any control for the ignition coils. If I disconnect the cam sensor sometimes it starts up after a few cycles. I was taught that the cam is responsible for ignition coil control. Also if I disconnect the cam sensor I get a cam code so I think the computer is satisfied that the signal wire is received. I had a replacement computer do the same thing.

How and where did you test for control to the ignition coils?

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds