Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1995 Ford Econoline-150 van conversion cranks no start

More
3 years 1 week ago #48269 by Dannette
Hello my first post, I am "Dannette and I'm NOT a mechanic"
I have a 1995 Ford E-150 van Conversion I have been working on for about 2 months I believe the start of my problem was caused by a jump start to another (dead battery) vehicle, mine was the running one at the time. I parked it let someone use it at my house to jump other car. He ran fine when I turned it off, went out to start and crank but no start.
First did the tune-up, oil change, plugs, cap, rotor, air &fuel filter
Still no start
Changed fuel pump
No start
Pulled codes using jump wire and counted check engine light blinks
Got probably all codes in book (that's an over statement)
Replaced PCM
did this because when I cleared codes they never returned.
Then amazing the new computer it started...
I pulled codes again got about 12 codes
Engine coolant sensor, cleaned PCV, Ignition coil, pick up sensor
Still crank no start, towed it down the street to shop they wanted to start the rip off by replacing the distributor and that was still in diagnostic testing. Wanted to charge $500 off the top... It's not the distributor...
And towed it back home, no run or start since... Still cranks and with every change the codes were less and less.
During all this nightmare, we finally got a noid light and seems the light came on but no pulse.
And now the coil makes a ticking sound only after cranking. Turn power off click goes away, key in start position no tick.key in run position no tick. Only after cranking does tick stay on.
Now we have moved on to the injectors ad it seems thee is no ground to injectors...going through wire diagrams.and a few tests I still am at a loss... I have read the haynes ford manual from cover still lost...pleeze help me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds