Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2010 Chevy Cobalt 2.2L High Fuel Pressure

More
2 years 11 months ago #48225 by TheMechanic512
I’m going kinda crazy with this one, Chevy Cobalt 80psi at idle and after sitting for a while the 02 sensor goes flatline lean ( starts to run rough) very positive fuel trim numbers. Previous Mechanic swapped out plugs and 02 sensors( Denso) Should I swap the fuel pump since pressure regulator is inside fuel tank?
Conducted following tests
-smoke tested
-injector balance test
-exhaust back pressure tested
-current tested fuel pump (7Amps @ 7,300rpm)
- MAF and Map sensor ok

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #48315 by BlackAir_86!
I think if my fuel gauge showed 80psi at idle, id try and grab another one and hook it up to make sure mine is accurate. I've heard of the pressure regulators faulting out causing high fuel pressure. You say the vehicle goes lean and runs rough with positive fuel trim numbers if it sits for a while, is the fuel pressure still 80psi during that?

More
2 years 11 months ago #48318 by Matt T

BlackAir_86! wrote: I think if my fuel gauge showed 80psi at idle, id try and grab another one and hook it up to make sure mine is accurate.

Yeah I don't trust that gauge reading either. 7,300 rpm sounds too fast for a pump running at high pressure. And the PCM shouldn't be adding fuel if the pressure is high.......

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds