Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Silverado tcm program

More
2 years 11 months ago #48165 by Jesse c
2012 Silverado with the 6.6l Diesel engine. Replaced the transmission module an with using the j2535 com with acdelco program tried to program the tcm. It gets around 35% an error pops up. I just watched a video from l1 automotive an he disconnected the other modules from the network an seemed to work for him so I was wondering if anyone else has had this trouble an found a solution. Any help is much lay appreciated thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #48181 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic Silverado tcm program
What error are you getting?

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
2 years 11 months ago #48182 by Jesse c
Replied by Jesse c on topic Silverado tcm program
Unknown error during service programming event. Please contact gm support if problem persists. I am at car now having another go

More
2 years 11 months ago #48191 by Jesse c
Attempted again a number of times but did no good. But it did get to about 65% complete at one point an only about 30% most other times. Have been using the gscan3 as the adapter portal for the j2535. Got the program download from acdelco web site, had battery on charger while working.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 11 months ago #48192 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Silverado tcm program
A traditional battery charger is not stable enough for module programming, too much AC interference. If you're not using something marketed specifically for programming then you may have better luck just hooking up a portable battery jump box to maintain voltage.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #48194 by Chad
Do you use Facebook? This is a group that is full of people that have MUCH more knowledge than I do. It is a group created for users to help each other with J2534 programming. This is where I would go to for help on this problem.

I just watched a video from l1 automotive

L1 Automotive Diagnostics and Programming is Keith Perkins. He, and many others that program, daily, are members of this group. I am sure you can find the help you need there.

www.facebook.com/groups/j2534usa

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Chad.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #48205 by Chad
This was just posted in the Facebook Group. It appears that someone else is having the same problem.

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Chad.

More
2 years 11 months ago #48215 by Jesse c
Hay thanks Chad i will check that out i appreciate the help as iam lost without it. Will reply with an outcome soon.

More
2 years 11 months ago #48218 by Jesse c
Just waiting to see if they will let me join there group as Iam from Australia i don't know if they will except me in. A question about the battery, if the battery voltage dose not drop below 12vdc will programming work because it has twin batteries an held voltage with my first attempt.

More
2 years 11 months ago #48243 by Jesse c
Ok so haven't been able to get in touch with the guy's on Facebook. Does anybody know someone that i could contact for help with the programming problem iam having as i can't find anyone that can

More
2 years 9 months ago #49436 by Jesse c
Sorry for such a late update. Isaac from the j2535 Facebook group helped me out tremendously. Turned out that the ebcm was the true problem. Had to get some one with the gm tool to program both the tcm an the ebcm.

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds