Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Odd cylinders no secondary waveform

More
3 years 1 month ago #48084 by maldud
98 Buick Regal 3.9 6 cylinder no turbo. Checking secondary waveform and have no waveforms on the odd cylinders. The even cylinders have a normal secondary waveform. The engine runs ok with no codes. After driving around 5 to 10 miles when I stop. The car has no acceleration. When I shut the engine off and re start it, the car runs normal. I am using a Hantek 8000c.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #48085 by Cheryl
Is it running lean with the no acceleration problem? Look at o2 sensors see if they go rich or lean under load.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #48088 by Chad
I'm sure you meant 3.8L. This is a waste spark system. With companion cylinders/coil, one cylinder will fire positively, and the other will fire negatively. You will have to use the "invert" function, lower your "trigger" to below zero, or turn the "trigger" off to see the the companion ignition event.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Chad.

More
3 years 1 month ago #48104 by maldud
Thank you very much that sure makes sense to me now!

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds