Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2012 Buick Lacrosse premium engine power reduced and service stabilitrak system

More
3 years 1 month ago #48078 by Jen
Ok so I have a 2012 Buick Lacrosse premium..I love it but have had so many issues. It has 183,xxx miles on it. I've had timing (chain/belt) replaced and a new battery and something with cam sensors... still having issues.
It will say engine power reduced and service stabilitrak. I've used my BF handheld to read the codes when I have issues. P0089 and P228D came on first. Then a day later P0AC4 and P0A90. I bought this car from an auction not knowing anything about it, not even that it was hybrid... please help, any suggestions? Something with my fuel pump or just sensors? Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chad
  • Away
  • I am not a parts changer.
More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #48080 by Chad
P0089 and P228D refer to the High Pressure fuel rail.

The High Pressure Fuel Pump has a solenoid (a Violet/Black wire and a Yellow wire), that when not powered, allows %100 of the HP Fuel Pump output to pass through to the High Pressure fuel rail. The ECM controls this solenoid, which controls the Fuel Rail Pressure, with a Pulse Width Modulated signal.

P0089 is saying that there is a problem with the PWM signal from the ECM to the Fuel Pump solenoid. Check to verify that you have a PWM signal at the High Pressure Fuel Pump control solenoid. Loss of power, here, will cause high fuel rail pressure and set P228D

File Attachment:

File Name: P0089andP228d.pdf
File Size:1,455 KB

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Chad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jen

• Chad
  • Away
  • I am not a parts changer.
More
3 years 1 month ago #48081 by Chad
P0AC4 and P0A90 refer to the Hybrid Powertrain Control Module. I don't know much about hybrid systems. A google search brought this up:
www.autocodes.com/p0ac4.html

Hopefully, someone else can chime in with more info on these codes.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
3 years 1 month ago #48083 by Cheryl
What does desired and actual fuel pressure read on your scanner at idle and under load? For high side and low side fuel pressure

More
3 years 1 month ago #48106 by Jen

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds