Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1997 gmc k1500 no power to pin 85 when cranking the wngine

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #47889 by Jeremiah355
I have a ls swapped 1997 gmc sierra k1500. The engine has a fitech kit on it with it's own computer. I left all of the old wire harness there I got everything out of it I needed, tach signal, coolant temp, oil pressure, and ac controls. I had the pull the 6 liter out. While it was out I cut off all of the wire harness connectors I wasnt using, saved all the grounds, and I just sealed up the ends of them. I put motor back in, now the fuel pump wont prime when I turn the key on, i checked for signal at pin 85 of the fuel pump relay, I can jump it and prime it fires up and I pull the jumper wire and it runs on off the oil pressure switch, I live in a small town I cant find anyone to look at it, any help would be appreciated. I had motor rebuilt by a shop, and it is now currently out of the vehicle again due to cam bearing failure.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds