Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Electronic stop sig module to electronic stability controller.

More
3 years 1 month ago #47841 by thomas.cochran
So ive been chasing this stop lamp issue on a 2014 Hyundai Santa fe. Pretty sure i have narrowed it down. At the esc module plugged in, 12v. Unplugged, 12v. At the stop sig module, 12v volts. Unplug stop sig module, 0v. Stop sig module has input circuit going to ESC. Stop sig module also controls external lights which all work still. Did i make the correct call and saying the stop sig module was faulty? Yes i did power and ground checks at the esc. Its a funky set up for sure. Everything else works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #47901 by thomas.cochran
Theres 8 wires going from the ESC module to the Stop Sig module. 2 of those wires are going directly to the esc. The other 6 tested out as far as the brake switch function is concerned. Cant remember wire colors at the moment. But on the HAC/DBC wire was where i was reading 10 volts plugged in at the esc and 10 volts unplugged as well. Measuring the same HAC/DBC wire at the stop sig module, 10 volts plugged in. Unplugged, voltage goes away.
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by thomas.cochran.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds