Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Re:Transmission Will Not Engage in Any Gears

More
3 years 1 month ago #47808 by majones2007
2006 Ford Mustang GT - AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

1. added additives to transmission fluid do to hard reverse, no overdrive, etc
2. changed filter
3. supposedly "cleaned electrical parts" ....including neutral safety switch :(
4. car will not engage in any gears; they all sound like they are in neutral
5. I do not perceive anything wrong with the shifting cable
6. shifter itself is in good shape
7. wires running to the cigarette lighter in compartment touched and sparked due to failure to successfully place them back in place
8. before all this "nonsense:" I would have to drop the car to drive 3 then to drive for it to engage the drive gear
9. Pony sits in stable...and cant move
10. Only codes I received before all this was a throttle limited power and speed sensor for the front right tire
11. Rebuild is over 2000

Anything I can do to correct these crazy actions myself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #47811 by Tutti57
How is the trans fluid level? Any leaks? How much additive was added?

Do you have a scan tool that can communicate with the tcm?

I'm not sure if the power reduction is something that could be linked to the transmission on these.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

More
3 years 1 month ago #47816 by Tyler

Tutti57 wrote: How is the trans fluid level? Any leaks? How much additive was added?

This was gonna be my first question. Checking the fluid level on these involves a scan tool to monitor transmission fluid temperature, and using the standpipe on the pan. Was the fluid level set correctly when the filter got changed?

8. before all this "nonsense:" I would have to drop the car to drive 3 then to drive for it to engage the drive gear

This may be a red flag for a cable adjustment issue. Does the scan tool agree with the shifter position?

IMO, this thing should still have Reverse and a forward gear with the transmission electrical connector unplugged from the transmission. If it doesn't, then I'd argue that there's a shifter cable concern, the fluid level is low, or something is wrong internally.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds