Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Nightmare car!!!! 2015 chysler 200 STILL NO EPS!! HELP!!

More
3 years 1 month ago #47765 by DRPAuto
ok. At least 1 person on this whole planet has to have had this issue before. 2015 chrysler 200 FINALLY got it flashed. now it WILL NOT take an EPS learn for initialization. I got it aligned. no dice. ABS Pid shows 0 for steering angle no matter how wheel is turned but is that because eps learn will no function? on EPS ecu, I keep getting code for implausible data from ABS. and on ABS i get code for Implausible data from EPS. WHAT THE F****!!!! Im so frustrated with this crap! I've tried my snap on ethos, autel maxisys, and even paid for the witech software subscription from dodge to do EPS learn. AND NONE OF IT WORKS!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #47769 by Cheryl
What’s the history of this car? Been in a collision? What codes are in it??

More
3 years 1 month ago #47770 by DRPAuto
not sure history. its a used dealership. i would assume its an auction car. I dont know the codes car is in the air, but they are for eps not initialized in EPS module and in ABS module its for EPS invalid data.

More
3 years 1 month ago #47771 by Cheryl
Being a used car probably needs an abs module. Have you tried reflashing the abs module with witech? I know it will let you even though if there isn’t an update. All it does it says doesn’t recommend you to do it. I’d try programming the abs module

More
3 years 1 month ago #47772 by Cheryl
You have a wiring diagram? And trouble tree because I want to read the theory of operation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #47773 by Cheryl
One other thing I can think of it’s a long shot but have you tried a proxi alignment with the witech? I think I ve seen it in autel though. And try a vehicle. Restore vehicle configuration

More
3 years 1 month ago #47864 by DRPAuto
already done proxy alignment 100 times. Can try to reflash abs. all other pids in abs module look ok. just no sterring angle input, however i think its not giving input since eps module isnt calibrated.

More
3 years 1 month ago #47869 by Cheryl
Perform terminal drag test @ the 2 modules? I’d be half tempted to try a used abs module because ya have been working on it for weeks

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #48199 by DRPAuto
I think i might have found it, but i need confirmation! Once proxy alignment is done and eps is flashed to latest version, before you do EPS learn. If you go into scan tool is it normal for the Steering angle sensor to read 0 regardless of position?

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #48201 by Hardtopdr2

More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #48207 by Tutti57
Is the SAS ok? Wire integrity? Is there a bypass test you could perform to see if you get a reading on the scantool to verify wiring?

Are the modules right? I've run into initialization issue with wrong parts before.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Tutti57.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #48222 by DRPAuto
GREAT! so I should still be getting an angle even if learn procedure hasn't been done! cool. im going to verify senor on a scope to see voltage and waveform but either way rack looking like its getting replaced.....again....for the 3rd time.

More
2 years 3 months ago #54161 by jamescaswell28
Dont suppose you ever fixed this? I've got one exactly the same right now. Old rack showed -40 even on center so i replaced the rack thinking it wouldnt relearn zero because of a bad sensor. Got it flashed and proxi initialized and it just will not learn EPS no matter what I do.

Brand new snapon scan tool, chrysler diag tool subscription, you name it i've tried. SAS always reads zero and "eps not learned" message after doing the procedure every time.

More
1 year 3 months ago #60014 by Aaronrenz
Did you ever figure this out??? I’m in the same boat and way to much time into it!

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds