Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2002 Chevy Express Van 1500

More
2 years 10 months ago #49376 by Cirp73
Replied by Cirp73 on topic 2002 Chevy Express Van 1500
Thanks for the reply hardtopdr2.
The reason I think it’s the tranny is because of the jerking at cruise speed and it seems to be happening in the 3-4 shift. Or vice versa. 1-2 gears seem good shift. I changed coil pack and a whole slew of other items. I will eventually get around to cleaning the valves, but I need the tranny diagnosed first. Stay tuned.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #49432 by Hardtopdr2
If you have a scanner with graphing view look at the trans data for TCC solenoid, 3/4 shift solenoid and line pressure data. Also what trans do you have in the van ? 4l80 or what?

More
2 years 10 months ago #49434 by Cirp73
4L60E is whats in it.

More
2 years 10 months ago #49473 by llamawrench1997
did you use the updated spider injectors?

More
2 years 10 months ago #49491 by Doodah14
I quickly scanned through this post. I did not notice anyone mention Cam Retard. (i am not calling you names, this is really what the PID is called.) It needs to be within 5 degrees of 0. 0 or slightly positive is desired. If its off by 7 Degrees it will miss fire. its the most common intermitten misfire with the GM Flat top Distributor engines. look at your scanner data. To set it you turn the distributor like you are setting the ignition timing on a carb engine. Some are not Adjustable. Most Aftermarket Distributors that are not adjustable will be off brand New. I have never gotten one from Autozone that did not have to be sent back. When your setting it, you have to rev the engine above 2k rpm for the PCM to register it. (snap throttle) As for the odd OD shifting. If seen 3 of these vans that the MAF was dirty/faulty that would cause this. These vans use the Load Percentage from the PCM to determine Shift Points. The biggest contributor to the Load percentage is the MAF.

More
2 years 10 months ago #49540 by Cirp73
Yes I replaced spider with updated

More
2 years 10 months ago #49541 by Cirp73
So the miss I’ve been feeling actually turned out to be the tranny.
When I drive it in 3rd gear the jerking (which I thought was a miss) is no longer there. Also I have had no more engine codes for the past 2months, since I found and fixed the deteriorated/ broken ground wire next to the goose neck.. Live data still shows low counts of miss firing but I think my focus will be with the tranny now.
I appreciate all the feed back I got from this thread.

More
2 years 10 months ago #49542 by Cirp73
I appreciate this info doodah.
I will look into this.
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds