Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2003 Dodge Caravan EVAP system component testing

More
3 years 2 months ago #47563 by arortiz3033
Good Morning, I have a 2003 Dodge Caravan and im trying to close and seal the charcoal canister vent valve but i dont own a bi-directional scanner cause it's too expensive. I do have red and black alligator cables. What options do i have to where im able to test EVAP components? I will add pictures here so you can see the type of vent valve im trying to close and seal. Help would be very appreciated from the heart :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47565 by Cheryl
That’s definitely not a vent valve. You should have a leak detection pump. It’s toward the middle of the van near the canister

More
3 years 2 months ago #47568 by arortiz3033
Cheryl Good Afternoon! Thank you very much for helping me i really appreciate you, that EVAP component in the pictures is a vent valve, i will show you a picture of how it was connected under the van and also the leak detection pump as well.
Attachments:

More
3 years 2 months ago #47597 by Tyler
I'm with Cheryl, there's something abnormal about that valve. :unsure: I've tested a lot of EVAP systems on these vans. Never seen one of those.

Are you in the North American market?

Where is that valve in relation to the canister and LDP?

More
3 years 2 months ago #47598 by Matt T
Chrysler call it a vent valve. Item # 6 at the link.

www.factorychryslerparts.com/showAssembl...ukey_trimLevel=18697

By the looks of it it's probably vacuum actuated on the smaller port.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47599 by arortiz3033
Tyler Good Afternoon, Yes im in the north american market. Honestly im not sure where the vent valve is in relation to the charcoal canister and the leak detection pump, i can film a video or take more pictures under the van if that helps. :)

More
3 years 2 months ago #47600 by arortiz3033
Matt T Good Afternoon brother! Your right Chrysler calls that component vent valve and yes that's correct its item#6 in that link you sent me. Honestly im not sure if the little port on the vent valve is vacuum actuated or not but maybe it could be. If you'd like i can take more pictures or film a video lmk if that can help.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #48378 by jreardon
@10 minutes in

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds