Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1998 GMC cam timing offset. What scanner displays this?

More
3 years 1 month ago #47561 by RichardFawthrop
I recently replaced the distributor in my 1998 GMC 5.7. I get code P1345.
I am trying to find a reasonable priced scanner that gives cam retard offset values.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #47584 by 70monte
I doubt you are going to find a cheap scanner that can give you that info. Luckily I still have an old AutoXray 6000 scanner that had all of the updates and gives me this info. I have two 98 Chevy trucks that I use it on.

I have two other scanners, an Innova 3140d and their top of the line 5610 and neither of these will read this data or has close to the number of PIDS that the 6000 does.

If you do happen to find a reasonably priced scanner that will give you this info, I would be interested to know it.

More
3 years 1 month ago #47588 by RichardFawthrop
Thank you for replying. It goes against my nature, but I think I am just going to send the truck to a local shop.

More
3 years 1 month ago #47592 by Matt T
Cheapest easy option that might display that PID is the Autel AP200 bluetooth dongle. It's around $50 IIRC.

Or if you've got a phone app with custom PID support you could try this.

www.gmt400.com/threads/scanner-tool-to-s....42183/#post-1012024

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds