Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Nissan Frontier intermittend no start

More
7 years 2 months ago #6281 by mace93
Hi everyone. I have a problem with my nissan frontier 3.3 v6 engine.
The truck has a intermittend no start problem.
The engine has sparks and fuel pressure but not injector pulse.
What can be? crank sensor? but i have spark and engine runs with starter fluid.
The funny think, is that the truck when the engine starts, never shut off by it self.
But if you want to re-start it the next morning or after couple hours, it won't!!!!

help me please

thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #6283 by ImBack218
Hey

What year Nissan Frontier? Do you have any trouble codes? Does it only happen when the engine is cold? Do you only manage to get the engine started with starting fluid, or will extended cranking get it started? If you get it started with starting fluid, are you able to start it again immediately after you shut the engine off? Can I confirm that you have injector pulse once you start the engine with starting fluid?
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by ImBack218.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
7 years 2 months ago #6306 by Tyler
Good questions from ImBack218. B)

Couple other things to add. When testing for injection pulse, do you have power to the injectors? Also, during the crank no start, is there absolutely zero attempt from the PCM to control the injectors? Or does it pulse once or twice, then quit?

Any security light activity during the no start? Taking injector pulse away is how the anti-theft system reacts when it sees a problem.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6321 by mace93
hi. the frontier is a 2002.
when i put starter fluid in the intake, it runs just for few seconds and shut off.
I noticed that it stars mostly in the afernoon, because i guess is warmer outside.

I have power on the injectors feed wire, but 0 pulses on the control wires, when it wont start

thanks

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds