Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Jeep wrangler o2 sensor circuit slow

More
3 years 2 months ago #47349 by Salek714
Hello hopefully someone here can guide me the right way! I have a 2005 jeep wrangler 4.0 manual transmission iv owned it for about 8 months now. I'm currently diagnosing p0153 for slow response from sensor bank 2/1. I replaced the sensor a few weeks ago since I thought that would fix the problem. I checked the code and freeze frame data and found that my fuel trims when the code was set off were all okay which is wierd cause usually a bad sensor/circuit would cause bad fuel trims right? Iv been watching the fuel trims and live data for weeks and the trims for bank 1 & 2 are perfect even with the check engine light on.

I finally decided to start diagnosing. Mitchell pro demand says I should see reference voltage from harness side when the sensor disconnected of 4.5v to 5v. I found 4.2v volts on both up stream sensors. Mitchell says to check all the wiring from the sensor to the pcm and grounds if all is okay it says replace the pcm. While checking the resistance in the wiring I found no faults and my ground to my sensor is okay. At this point I feel like I have a bad pcm.

I've deleted the code several times and after a few drive cycles I get the code back with no symptoms that indicate I have a fault anywhere. The Jeep literally runs perfect. Sadly I don't have a oscilloscope to see my waves from the sensors which maybe would be helpful but at this point that I checked all the wiring and replaced the sensor with a NTK one I feel like I'm ganna have pcm issue.

Something to note is that the pcm had already been replaced from the previous owner and I didn't notice till I actually looked at it and it looked fairly new and the tag says, the new pcm isn't even a year old! So idk were they bought it from, they could have probably have bought it from ebay and I don't know! Hopefully someone can put there input on this issue before I drop some money on a pcm thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47369 by Cheryl
Does it have a front o2 sensor for each bank? I’d try swapping the bank 2 with bank 1. See if code follows

More
3 years 2 months ago #47370 by Cheryl
Can’t remember if they do since it’s a straight 6

More
3 years 2 months ago #47376 by Salek714
Each bank has 2 sensors. I already replaced the sensor from bank 2/1 with a new one and same code keeps coming back.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47377 by Cheryl
I’m saying swap the original 02 sensor from the other bank to the problematic side. Chrysler’s don’t like a lot of aftermarket sensors

More
3 years 2 months ago #47378 by Salek714
I see what your saying. But the one that I installed is the one the manufacturer asks for.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds