Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 Lexus GS300 3.0L AWD No Crank No Start security light on

More
3 years 2 months ago #47339 by casanova2love2
Hey Danner first of all let me tell you I love your videos I have learned so much there’s absolutely no one out there like you.
Now let’s get to my question
I have a 2006 Lexus GS300 3.0L no crank no start security light on this is a push start vehicle I purchase this vehicle off craigslist I consider myself pretty handy but this car is kicking my a** they replaced the ECM and the immobilizer when it came in the cluster did not light up then I found out that they connected some plugs incorrectly by the ECM I got The customer to work the only code that is set is on the ECM is B2799 Engine immobilizer system I checked the powers and grounds everything is good I checked continuity from
ECM A7 pin6—immobilizer pin6
ECM A7 pin7– immobilize pin5
The harness is good the key fog locks and unlocks doors and opens the switch by the way I am using Techstream to diagnose this vehicle any help would be appreciated thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47340 by Hardtopdr2
If they replaced ecm was it programmed with vin and mileage etc.?

Did they reprogram the keys to the car so it would recognize them?

This is where i would start

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #47351 by casanova2love2
hi they got the ECM from flagchip1 the Vin# is good not sure if you can change the miles on the ECM but i have not done that i updated the ECM and ECT calibration from Techinfo.toyota.com to a new calibration# I have tried a different ECM and still no luck. I did a Smart code Reset and still but i have to say that when i did the smart code reset i did it with a Hacked version of Techstream maybe that's where my problem is :/
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by casanova2love2. Reason: adding

More
3 years 2 months ago #47352 by Hardtopdr2
That might be the problem then if you have alldata or Mitchell etc do the key programing steps and see if that takes care of it. It should be a manual setup not with scanner as well.

Usually with ordering ecms they ask for mileage, vin, tire size, trans type and a few other things. But try the above and see if that helps with a unhacked version.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47353 by casanova2love2
hi I have done it manually thats jumping pin 4 and 13 for 30min I have tried it for 30 and 45min and still

More
3 years 2 months ago #47359 by Hardtopdr2
Thats not the correct way to reset immobilizer.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47360 by casanova2love2
could you please share how to

More
3 years 2 months ago #47362 by Cheryl
Is that b2799 the only code in all the modules? Nothing in any other module?

More
3 years 2 months ago #47363 by Hardtopdr2
www.eautorepair.net or alldatadiy.com

Enter your vehicle info and pick a subscription term. Pay and look under key programming using the search bar in the website. And follow instructions

More
3 years 2 months ago #47364 by casanova2love2
yes Cheryl that is the only code all others modulos have no codes the SRS and air conditioner has a few codes but thats because i have the Dashboard off other then that only the ECM B2799

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #47365 by casanova2love2
ok i found something let me see
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by casanova2love2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cheryl

More
3 years 2 months ago #47368 by Cheryl
Googling the code I found a Lexus flow chart it says check for codes in the steering control module. I used to have all data but not anymore

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds