Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2002 ford crown victoria

More
3 years 2 months ago #47170 by youngmarlin
I had a 02 crown vic come into the shop with a C1165 RR Wheel speed sensor input circuit fault. I ohm the sensor and is with in spec, I scoped it and the signal is perfect. The code will not erase and there are no other codes that would lead me to think of a bad abs module. Anybody have any experience with this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47178 by AJeep18
Replied by AJeep18 on topic 2002 ford crown victoria
Did you scope it at the sensor or at the module?

More
3 years 2 months ago #47180 by youngmarlin
I had the sensor disconnected and scoped the sensor while spinning the wheel the signal was just as perfect as the left side that was a known good. I couldn’t find any info I want the vehicle harness side readings were suppose to be. I was getting 4.9 volts on one wire and nothing on the other wire.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47181 by AJeep18
Replied by AJeep18 on topic 2002 ford crown victoria
The signal wire going back to the PCM or ABS module or wherever it goes (don't have service data handy right now) could have an open, so I would try scoping it there. I assume you can't see wheel speed on that wheel with a scan tool right?

More
3 years 2 months ago #47182 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic 2002 ford crown victoria

youngmarlin wrote: I couldn’t find any info I want the vehicle harness side readings were suppose to be.

Use the left side as your known good ;) Either backprobe or stab both circuits at the ABS module.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47188 by youngmarlin
Yea I didn’t get any reaction out of the sensor through the scan data for that wheel when spinning it all others worked fine. I was going to school the harness back to the module but I couldn’t find any info on what it suppose to be there it just said check for a short to ground and a short to voltage. Like I said with the meter I had 4.9 on one wire with key on and 0 volts on the other.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47189 by youngmarlin
If I back probed at the sensor and didn’t give a signal then wouldn’t it be the same result at the module?

More
3 years 2 months ago #47191 by Andy.MacFadyen
Back probe at the module -- if you don't set a signal at the module suspect the wiring, in which case visual inspection. If that turns up nothing wiggle an pull tug test on wiring. If that turns up nothing disconnect and back probe at the module if you get a signal with it disconnected at the module suspect the module

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
3 years 2 months ago #47205 by youngmarlin
Sadly the guy took the car before I was able to diagnosis it any further thanks for all your help I will keep those next steps in mind for next time

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds