Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2001 Audi a4 2.8v6 ( 5v reference problem)

More
3 years 2 months ago #47165 by Bgojeski
2001 audi a4 problem started with air intake temp low voltage code. Ohm tested sensor, everything in spec. In Vagcom air intake temp reads 143C. Sensor plug is getting 2.9v to 4v. Checked every other 5v sensor same exact voltage. So my question is if I probe the back of the ECU plug at any 5v sensor pin and get low voltage, is it safe to say the 5v regulator in the ECU is the problem? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47174 by Hardtopdr2
I would check powers and grounds to pcm first before condeming pcm

More
3 years 2 months ago #47175 by Tutti57
Does a diagram show what is on the 5v circuit where you could unplug all of the sensors one at a time to see if the full 5v is restored? I'm not sure if that situation would result in these numbers though?

Definitely what hardtopdr said though.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

More
3 years 2 months ago #47177 by Bgojeski
Power at ecm almost exact as putting meter directly on battery. Checked grounds with multimeter and power probe. Unplugged sensors one by one voltage doesn't change. Noticed as i was retesting everything key on for more then 5min, voltage is only at 1.93. Is it possible with the ecm having power to it for a length of time cause the voltage to drop?

More
3 years 2 months ago #47179 by Hardtopdr2
Make sure you checked all powers and grounds as most vehicles will have multiple at pcm.

5 volt ref should be 5 volts as long as key is in on position. If car goes to sleep or key turned off voltage would drop to zero.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47201 by Tutti57
I like what Paul said in one of his videos on testing ECMs. Something about how you're never 100% sure on condemning a computer so you want to feel confident that you've eliminated all of the other possibilities.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

More
3 years 2 months ago #47213 by Cheryl
Just cut wire at pcm where 5 volts comes out where you can fix it after. If still low reference voltage. Use test light check powers and grounds if there good pcm is junk

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds