Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 dodge nitro 3.7L misfiring

More
3 years 2 months ago #47139 by Mike T
Okay im having all kinds of fun with this one lol. Let me tell you the hole story. the fan got busted some how and busted up the radiator. thats suppose to be the only thing wrong with it. lol, Well the injectors on #1 and #3 are not firing. the plugs looked rough so i changed them. The coils are firing good. injectors fire fine When I first fire it up then the computer shuts them down. if i unplug the number #2 coil wires and the injectors will stay firing on 1 and 2.lol any ideas??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47142 by Cheryl
If ya don’t have a scope you could swap coils plugs injectors to other cylinders. See if the intentional shut down follows.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47143 by Cheryl
Need to current ramp the injectors and coils

More
3 years 2 months ago #47155 by Mike T
I do have a scope and everything seems to be fine when it first fires up

More
3 years 2 months ago #47156 by Mike T
The only thing that showed anything was when I was checking the amps on the main fuse to the injectors and one injector spike was missing#4 . I thought I had found it. Then hooked up the scope to the injector the coil and the low amp probe and it was all working properly. I still haven’t found out what could be the problem. I still don’t have the radiator and fan here yet but it’s ordered. So I can’t just run the the vehicle and keep looking. So it’s kinda a mess I should just wait until I can get that stuff in. But I’m not good at waiting lol

More
3 years 2 months ago #47185 by Mike T
Just wanted to give a update. I got to looking closer on the spark lines and the 2 cylinders that are misfiring the spark line seemed shorter. So I checked compression turns out my first thought is right them 2 cylinders are a little week and I’m betting the head gaskets the problem. So this one is going to need more then expected.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47186 by Mike T
But I sure had fun playing with the scope on that one!

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds