Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

99 Durango no heat

More
3 years 2 months ago #47062 by Globeville
My 99 Durango, 157,000+ miles with no heat and no zone control. I've replaced the thermostat and topped off the coolant. Still no heat. Also no zone control.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47063 by Matt T
Sounds like a vacuum problem. First thing is check the vacuum line from the intake to the HVAC controls.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Globeville

More
3 years 2 months ago #47149 by Globeville
Found it I believe! Just not sure where it comes in through the firewall from the engine and cab sides.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47154 by Matt T
Looks like you're on the right track. Neither of the following links are super helpful but might help you figure out what that line connects to.

www.dodgedurango.net/threads/vent-trouble.10059/

dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-durango/206...oken-vacum-hose.html

More
3 years 2 months ago #47161 by Globeville
Thank you! They've given me a direction and plan of attack!

More
3 years 2 months ago #47206 by Globeville
Thank you! Found the hose entering the firewall and the tiny piece of plastic hose sticking out! Was able to bridge the two ends with a piece of rubber hose. The zone control works now!

More
3 years 2 months ago #47207 by Globeville
The problem now may still be the cable that changes the cold air from the hot air, blend door I think it's called. Any suggestions? I may still need to take it for a ride to get it up to operating temp before I can be certain. Still would love ideas!

More
3 years 2 months ago #47239 by Globeville
When I get the engine up to operating temp, the top hose going into the firewall, heater core I assume, is hot to the touch too hot to hold onto and the bottom hose is warm to the touch but not too hot hold onto. Is this a heater core flush situation?

More
3 years 2 months ago #47260 by Globeville
Thank you sir!

More
3 years 2 months ago #47304 by Globeville
Replied by Globeville on topic 99 Durango no heat
Still no heat.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47309 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic 99 Durango no heat
Seems a little suspect that more than one thing is wrong. Do you know the history on this thing?

Anyways does the hot>cold control feel/sound like it's doing anything? If it does I'd probably try flushing the heater core.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47330 by Globeville
There is a noticable change in the air flow as the temperature control dial is changed from cold to hot and vice versa. The noticable change is simply the flow of air somewhat pauses and starts back up again during the dial change. Air flow of speed is the same, there's just a pause or hesitation when changing the temperature control. Can I switch the two heater core hoses and run the heater to kind of perform a back flush or back flow to unblock or loosen the debris?

More
3 years 2 months ago #47332 by Matt T

Globeville wrote: Can I switch the two heater core hoses and run the heater to kind of perform a back flush or back flow to unblock or loosen the debris?

I doubt that would be violent enough to do anything. Most folks just use a water hose to flush heater cores.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47333 by Globeville
Okay, should I run the water both directions through the heater core?

More
3 years 2 months ago #47335 by Matt T
I ain't saying this right but it's what sometimes works for me. I reverse flush first then do forward and reverse a couple times.

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds