Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2002 Jaguar XJ8 no crank no start. I need ScannerDanner. PLEASE HELP!!!!

More
3 years 2 months ago #46999 by brian.walker
I have a 2002 jag xj8 that sat for almost a year. When it first broke down my thermostat housing blew its top. I didn’t get around to fixing it til about 6 months later. Buy then someone had stolen my cats off the car. I repaired the thermostat housing and replaced the coolant distribution pipe as well. I sent my car to a local shop for them to repair my cats in October of last year and they never repaired it. I brought 2 exact fit cats to go on but got my car towed back to my house in January because they never got to it. The shop manager told me he tried to crank it and it wouldn’t do anything. I installed the cats myself and everything is ready to go but my security mode wouldn’t let me do anything as it locked my out. I brought a scan tool and codes P0128, P0327, P0332, and P1111 came up. I brought a new battery and was able to get my car out of security mode but now I have a P1000 as my only code and it still won’t crank. I’m unemployed. My car is my only means of transportation and I live in a rural area. ScannerDanner I need your help. Hell, I’ll wire you $100 just to walk me through your method of madness. But I’ve gotten past frustrated. PLEASE HELP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47006 by Dtnel
Depending on where you live I'd call a local shop other than the one who backed out on you and ask who they use or recommend for a mobile mechanic as some shops have mobile guys come by as they don't always like getting tied up on a job that takes alot of diagnostic time when they can crank regular repair work out and keep their average per bay income up as that's unfortunately how the industry is getting in some areas.

What was the p1000 code description as I'm not looking at a code list currently as on my way to sleep. Been up all night.

Got a local votech around where they teach automotive? Maybe they'll be willing to look at the car for a reduced fee and teach kids at the same time while the instructor is present.

What city, state you live in?

Sorry about the cats getting stolen. Must be tweakers needing money or live in a smog state?

More
3 years 2 months ago #47007 by Dtnel
I ran the code and not knowing what VIN code it had 1 of 2 it basically is a code that comes up when the scan is initiated for code retrieval.

Basically says when this code comes up the onboard diagnostic tests haven't been completed.

Does the vehicle crank with no start or just nothing when turning the key?

What type of scan tool did you buy as you mentioned you bought one?

IF there's a no crank but battery is good get a multimeter and make sure that the battery isn't a new dead battery.

I always recommending charging new batteries if you can't drive them as they sit on shelves for awhile before they make it to the end user / customer.

Check your voltages for the starter, w/key on as you want to make sure starter has power getting to it.

Have you went thru the engine compartment and made sure nothing else major is missing?

Check fuses, check for chewed wires by critters as you said it sat and animals are always hunting for places to burrow into for staying warm.

Check fuse relays remove and reinsert relays as a slight bit of corrosion from sitting can bring things to a halt

You can save yourself alot of money if you're willing to get somewhat dirty.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47010 by Hardtopdr2

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 2 months ago #47112 by Noah
Must have been some dedicated crack heads! From what I recall those cats aren't exactly out in the open.
Any way, did you do any checks at the starter?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds